Vibrant Thoughts

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

OSS Seminar

Well (ya again "Well") today I had to give a seminar to my immediate juniors on the topic "Linux”. As usual I plan something and I did something. Just after my lunch (which is usually a boring session in fact sleepy) I structured my seminar in this manner:

1. Introduction to OSS
2. Evolution of Linux (Richard Stallman & Linus Torvalds story)
3. Structure of OS
4. Comparison with Windows
5. GUI aspects of Linux
6. Linux as a tool in engineering projects

When I entered their class, as usual it was chaotic and then when I started I lost the structure, which I framed (I messed up) but still then rushed through everything. As usual you have people who listen and people who makes you listen (irritate). One thing I learned today was the audience I usually used to address where my classmates but here it was different and definitely along came different responses (reactive ness varied).
Well another thing about this class, which I addressed, was different, I mean really vibrant looks for example one guy keeps looking at me as if the next moment he is goanna tell me "u r recruited or fired". He had that look on his face, as if analyzing me and I seriously like that because when you are up there talking someone is analyzing you and I try to prove it to him "you are dumb”. I know that’s weird correlation that’s why I love it. Maybe its because he gave a look that was similar to the look that usually STEVE JOBS gave to his peers and I was their to say "Hell" to him.
Well I pray that whatever I spoke was worth because I didn’t go there to do any proving but to guide as a fellow student. At last it was a whole new learning experience and I believe next time I make it down I should be ready to face various responses. The good thing that happened at last was one guy from this class walks up to me and says "It was aspiring" and that makes me feel much better and I think I like this crowd.

(Notice: Variation in likeness about the audience)

The links I gave out were:

www.google.com/linux
www.freshmeat.net
www.sourceforge.net
www.slax.org
Search for matlab central file exchange in google
www.kernel.org
www.fedora.org
www.opensuse.org

2 Comments:

  • Very useful one... Only today did i realize the real world of Linux... Till now all i knew was it was jus an open source OS...Kewl one bhaiya... y the way who was tht person who was analyzng u so seriously...hmmmmm

    By Blogger Fazil Rahim, at 10:32 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Fazil Rahim, at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home