Vibrant Thoughts

Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Preceptor's Forebearance

Today I witnessed the most humiliating event in my life. Ya humilating, not a joyful one and at the stand was not me but my preceptor, my evs lecturer. This guy has been teaching for say about three months and his classes were meant for "masti". Masti in the sense he does take things light and we do take him light. Well as usual today's class was out of control and the best thing was the strength was not full even though it was not Friday i.e we didn’t have a major situation.
All these days this guy has been tolerating us and we were tolerating him, so what was special for things to go wrong today?
It was an incident were one throws a paper ball over him and coincidently it lands in his shirt's pocket (a good throw), witnessing this I was stuck dumb for some moment. In school days even I was juvenile and used to think I was at par in terms of mischief but today I realized how small I was. Along with this today I learnt what tolerance and forgiveness really mean.
Now you might think he would have got hold of the guy and see to that he is "****** up" but to everybody's surprise he gently asks to the class "Who did this by mistake" and the culprit rises and says "Sir it's me wanted to throw it out”. Then he gently asked him to take his seat back and he carried on. I believe for the audience this was not enough and things turned more chaotic after this and then he says, "I am sure you wouldn't have seen any lecturer like me & I am sure I haven't seen any pupil like you"
Well when all this was going on I could feel what tolerance and forgiveness is all about. People say its your heart to forgive and today I think what I have seen makes me believe its not the heart its the way you have been brought up. I have been so arrogant I never bothered to know his name and all I knew was he was my evs lecturer. Today after witnessing the great amount of realization I feel sorry for my staff at my higher school with whom I misbehaved. I wish I could get a chance to apologize to one and all for being so rude to them. And after all this the "EVS Lecturer" name is Mr. Muthulingam (which I found out today only) and I believe this was his last class for us and I am blessed to meet such a person in life and learn so much in no time and I really mean no time. Now things that I concluded after all this are:

1. In college the greater part of the law is learning to tolerate one another
2. The highest result of learning is forbearance
3. For a lecturer to tolerate is to teach nothing

Well after reading this I am sure there is goanna be a violent roar but guys this article is not to humiliate us but to honor one such person who never humiliated us. After few years I am sure we are going to regret, the way I am at this moment. So laugh and be merry till you don’t hurt the one standing in front of us "The Preceptor".

2 Comments:

  • well ruzmundeh i did that but i believe it was what he called upon himself.If at first instant he would have been strict this all would have never happened.The worst thing we are doing is being pity to him which is the worst feeling for him.

    By Blogger Mohammed Khan, at 12:38 AM  

  • Ya i totally agree with you, anyway that was touching....so keep writing....by the way wasnt his name muthulingam and not murulingam...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home