Vibrant Thoughts

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Shaastra

Well (Ya again, will work on that to avoid using it again) this year I made it to the Shaastra 2006. It has become a pilgrimage kind of act for me because from past three years I have been making visit to this holy (technical) land. What’s different this year? I never imagined that students from all over south pay a visit here to get the feel of the IIT-M campus and then at the end of the day bag some cool stuff and prizes. As usual day 1 was jam-packed and I was late again (being late form past three years for all days of Shaastra) to catch up any event. What I did this year was that I attended seminars by so and so of Indian technological band, to be frank in the past years I never attended these kinds of seminar thinking that some techno rishi out there will be speaking to his disciples in his own language which only those disciples can understand. But the myth proved to be wrong; these seminars could be understood by an average intellectual kid (like me, below average) also. So all the day I was doing was attending seminars or trying to get glimpse of events that were held nearby.
What’s different about the Shaastra is that the moment you enter IIT-M campus all students (non IITians) tend to behave like IITians and that’s funny. They burrow out the whole intellectual within them to just answer the prelims question and then get exhausted eventually giving chance to the IITians to reach in the final of the events. The irony here is that students believe that they can crack up but the thing is the potential what lies within an affiliated college student and an IITians is the major difference and I believe that is the reason why we witness events finals to be confrontation among IITians. Shaastra – the spirit of engineering, you know what makes me question is that why can’t we have our college symposium names in Hindi? My department symposium is called impulse but then again I believe we are losing out racial sense. That’s the reason why Shaastra seems to be cool to me rather than Impulse. As this is goanna be my last year of paying a visit to Shaastra, I feel sad because being the last opportunity I am not able to visit all days (due to my very low attendance). So what I have visited today makes me sum up my experience at the Shaastra and to be frank the seminars were awesome. These seminars weren’t the ones like my college favorite “APPA KUTTI” ones where we are forced to sit in the auditorium to hear, what was different out here was that there was more of practical sense, as the speaker was talking behind him they were these videos played in accordance to his subject. These videos were of experiments they conducted in their laboratories and this seems to be very exciting as you are just not hearing but seeing too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home