Vibrant Thoughts

Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Fountainhead - Cornucopia of Objectivism

The Fountainhead, a book by Ayn Rand, which I use to avoid whenever I happen to buy or get some new books. So what now made me start reading this book is due to lot of people's glimmer? To be frank I used to have this attitude towards Ayn Rand's work "they are boring", I concluded this because when I was in my high school I happen to catch this book and later stopped reading it because it sounded too boring to me in fact it was too descriptive to me.
But now after so many suggestions I got myself this book and started today in the morning and believe it I read it whole day in my class hours too. The story is so aspiring that it eventually takes you off and makes you muse for what all is there in it. Well I just started it and hope to finish it before diwali (as its an agreement between me and the serendipity girl).
What this book contains is it teaches you how to redefine yourself and find your own identity (till where I read) and I will update as and on I read more of it and share what I learn. Before I end this blog I leave below an excerpt from the book, which makes you muse all over again.

“.... Every man creates his meaning and form and goal. Why is it so important -- what others have done? Why does it become sacred by the mere fact of not being your own? Why are anyone and everyone right-- so long as it’s not yourself? Why does the number of those others take the place of truth? Why is truth made a mere matter of arithmetic -- and only of addition at else? There must be reason. I don’t know. I’ve never known it. I’d like to understand"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home